Preston Harriers caters for athletes who wish to train or compete on the Roads, Fell, Cross Country or Track & Field.
Other athletes combine these disciplines and include triathlon or trail running. Whatever you wish to do, run on roads or through mud, jump or throw, from under 11 to over 70, international athlete to fun runner, there is a place for you at Preston Harriers.
We are a friendly, fun club with training sessions to suit everyone. For adult members you do not need to race or compete. We have members who run simply for the enjoyment. So come and join us, whatever your level of fitness.
For all seniors interested in road, fell or cross country running, simply complete a membership application form and send it to the Membership Secretary.
Membership for Track & Field is open to everyone from age 8 years. Due to the popularity inspired by the recent Olympics there may be a waiting list for some junior age groups. Junior members over age 11 are expected to compete at track & field or cross country at least 8 times per year. Before completing a membership application, please contact the Coaching Coordinator for further information.
There is always a place for non-athletes at Preston Harriers. We are an inclusive club and always welcome any parents who may wish to become involved in club activities.
We would welcome membership from any qualified or aspiring coaches.
Membership Secretary, Barbara Gillies, 124 Powis Road, Ashton-on-Ribble, Preston, PR2 1AE.
For existing club members
Download a Membership Renewal Form 2017-18
2017 – 18 Season
The season runs from 1st April to 31st March
|Membership Category||Age||E.A. Fee||Preston H Fee||Total Amount|
|Junior Under 11||Under 11 on 31/8/17||None||£26||£26|
|Junior Age 11 - 19||Over 11 on 31/8/17||£14||£26||£40|
|Senior||Age 20 & Over||£14||£16||£30|
|Family||2 Parents & all children age 8-19 living at same address||£95|
|Associate||Any age, Not Competing||None||£16||£16|
|Junior Under 11 Parents Unemployed||Under 11 on 31/8/17 Send Current UB40 Card||None||£16||£16|
|Junior Age 11 - 19 Parents Unemployed||Over 11 on 31/8/17 Send Current UB40 Card||£14||£16||£30|
The following benefits are included in your membership fee:
- 7 free road races per year (Inter club 4-5 miles) for over 15 years old
- 6 free Cross Country races per year (Mid Lancs League)
- Free entry to Northern & National Cross Country races
- Reduced entry fee at all road races by £2, with England Athletics affiliation
- Training sessions with qualified coach
- Free club newsletter, 40+ pages, printed quarterly
- Opportunity for club place at London Marathon
- Opportunity to compete in Northern Senior T & F League
- Opportunity to run in Road, Fell & Cross Country relay races
- Can race in our club championships for Road, Cross Country & Fell running
- Annual Track & Field Club Championship weekend
Additional Benefits for Junior Members
- Larger number of coaching sessions
- Subsidised travel to selected track & field meetings
- Subsidised overnight stays for meeting (where necessary)
- Opportunity to compete in Youth Development Leagues
- Opportunity to compete in Mid Lancs Track & Field League
- Opportunity to compete in Sportshall League
- Development of all round athletic ability with good ratio of coaches to athletes
- Coaching in specialist events – throws, jumps, hurdles, sprints, endurance
Advantages of joining Preston Harriers include:
- Make new friends
- Social runs and activities
- Help and advice on training, fitness and races
- Run with friendly groups – not elitist
- Can run with others of similar standard
- Running with a club helps you to train better
- Friendly support & encouragement at club sessions
- Travel to races with club mates & reduce costs